Stat counter


View My Stats

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Looking up

I think, whenever I'm walking through a rainforest type of environment, that looking up often provides a distinctively different experience. Case in point - this sequence of shots from the jungle in Costa Rica. The first two need no explanation. The third and fourth pictures, were taken from our forest canopy trip, and despite all the interesting things below, looking up also gave us some spectacular photo opportunities. The fifth one was of a magnificent iguana, sunning himself right above our heads. The sixth one is of a majestic giant almond tree - one of the larger trees in the rainforest. And the last one is looking straight up at an equally great old tree, of some three hundred years of age.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, the lushness of the rainforest has always fascinated me, and the trees have a pivotal role in it. Actually, Costa-Rica is one of the most beautiful places on the earth. I think you picked out exactly the details I would have.

    ReplyDelete